June 01, 2009

Stepping out

So this is how my blog will begin - by stepping out of my comfort zone big time. I plan to write about my experience of being unemployed at 60 and trying to figure out what will be next. My husband tells me it is time for my opus. What he means is that now is the time. The time to bring it all together. Do something that makes use of my talent, interests and passion. And that's exactly what I'm going to figure out.

Fortunately, I have the gift of time right now. I'm trying to use it wisely. I have the time to think, to write, to study, and talk to lots of people who are doing some really cool things. Networking has never been my favourite thing to do. Being on the introvert side of the scale, it takes some courage, discipline and planning to get out there and make connections. When I do though, it usually goes just fine. No one has refused to talk to me yet. The helpful thing about talking is that it helps me clarify what I want to do. Kind of selfish. People ask, "So, what do you do?" and I need to come up with something. Each time my message rings a little truer and its shape gets more defined.

Does it matter to you what you do and how you do it? It does to me. I want to make a difference in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment